Well yesterday was the last day of production class and I must say I am both happy and sad; happy because I need the rest and sad because I really enjoyed learning a new tool, Adobe Flash this semester. Here are some of the things I will take away from this years Production class:
- Adobe Flash is an excellent way to add interactivity to the most boring topics. Simple roll overs, mouse overs, and animation can add a little excitement to communication.
- There is a lot of talk about the end of Flash. Some people say it’s coming for sure, and some say it will never go away. What I do know is learning Flash and the ActionScript that accompanies it will only help me in the future whether it dies or not.
- A great way to solve Flash problems is through online resources. If you enter a specific error message into a search engine such as Google. Hundreds of articles pop-up with information on the topic. The key is know what to type in.
- There are a lot of great tutorials online that takes users through step by step directions.
- Flash can give a great since of “Fiero” when tasks are accomplished. It’s very rewarding to make something work in ActionScript (especially when you’re not a computer programmer).
- I will miss Professor Sang Nam (my production teacher) when he goes on his sabbatical next semester.
So these are the lessons and tips I will take and keep with me for the rest of my life as I continue down this Elon, Interactive Media journey!